This authoritative how-to bestseller gives readers all the information they need to build their own cabin.
- Essential questions to consider during the planning process
- Cabin construction, such as pole built, stick built, post and beam, stone, cordwood, wood siding, and the advantages of each
- Site preparation, foundations, windows and doors, ladders and stairs, insulation, roofing, electricity, water systems and heating
- Essential information on log cabins
- Cabin designs and their advantages
- Furnishings and accessories
Construction methods are clearly illustrated in meticulous line drawings and precise plans with measurements. Cut-away cross-sections and exploded diagrams give the builder the true perspective and detail needed to obtain the best result, allowing readers to get the most enjoyment out of their newly built wilderness retreat.